Developer's Wiki for IndoorWPS¶
IndoorWPS - A WiFi-based, Crowd-Sourced Indoor Positioning System (Clients, Webservices, Server).
http://geometa.hsr.ch/hudson/view/indoorwps/job/IndoorWPSPcLocator/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/dist/IndoorWPSPclocator.zip Download the latest build of the IndoorWPSPcLocator from our Hudson Buildserver and give it a try!
- http://www.gis.hsr.ch/wiki/IndoorWPS Read more about IndoorWPS...
- http://geometa.hsr.ch/iwps/ Server with Areas to Download
- http://labs.geometa.info/indoorwps/ IndoorWPS Community Server - Homepage incl. Webservices (depricated only used in NeoMap)
- http://geometa.hsr.ch/hudson/job/IndoorWPS/ Hudson Buildserver
- How to get the sourcecode
- How to capture Fingerprints
- How to map a new place
- How to optimize the algorithm using out Optimizertool
- How to setup your own Server (depricated)
Because there are so many projects, here is an image, explaining the relationships.
- IndoorWPSLib implements as much functionality as possible without tieing it to a specific platform. Things like the algorithms or Backup-Functionality are defined here, whereas Database-Communication or ImageDrawing is tied to a platform and therefore implemented in the layer above.
The Project is located at IndoorWPSLib
- PcLib or IndoorWPSPc Implements platform dependent things for Pc(Windows, Mac, Linux) supported. For exaple reading the Wifi-Signal-Stringhs is implemented here.
The Project is located at IndoorWPSPc
- AndroidLib or IndoorWPSAndroidLib is the same as the PcLib but for the mobile android-Platform.
The Project can be found here: IndoorWPSAndroid
- PcLocator or IndoorWPSPcLocator is an application which uses both, the PcLib and the platform-independent lib. It provides functionality to add Fingerprints, create new georeferenced Maps and communicate to a Webservice, in order to share your data.
The Project is located at IndoorWPSPcLocator
- Neomap is a showcase of how the IndoorWPSLib and IndoorWPSAndroid can be used to enable mobile devices with the ability to not only use GPS as a Location provider, but use IWPS as an alternative.
The Project lives at NeoMap
- IndoorWPSAndroidLocator This app for the android platform is not mentioned in the diagram, but is also worth taking a look at. It provides the functionality to capture fingerprints in a faster and more efficient way than is is done using IndoorWPSPcLocator. Check out the source and information at IndoorWPSAndroidLocator
- read UseTheLib to learn how to build your own IWPS-location-aware application
- read 'How we calculate a position' to learn about how we calculate a position and how you can change/costumize this calculation.
Show Cases / Applications¶
- IndoorWPSPcLocator An application to manage maps and Fingerprints.
- See how accurate our algorithm is in a series of tests
- http://dev.ifs.hsr.ch/indoorguide4android IndoorGuide4Android - a mobile guide displaying POIs indoors through the camera (augmented reality). It can used in museums, campuses, shopping centers, etc. and is based on Android.
- NeoMap an android-Application which uses GPS and IndoorWPS to display the current location on a georeferenced image
- http://dev.ifs.hsr.ch/indoorwps/wiki/IndoorWPSAndroid IndoorWPSAndroid documentation
- IndoorWPSLib IndoorWPSLib Platform independent library
- To do list
- Ideas Ideas for future development
Repositories of Subprojects¶
- IndoorWPS: http://dev.ifs.hsr.ch/svn/indoorwps
- IndoorWPSLib: http://dev.ifs.hsr.ch/git/iwps/IndoorWPSLib.git
- IndoorWPSPc: http://dev.ifs.hsr.ch/git/iwps/IndoorWPSPc.git
- IndoorWPSPcLocator: http://dev.ifs.hsr.ch/git/iwps/IndoorWPSPcLocator.git
- IndoorWPSAndroid: http://dev.ifs.hsr.ch/git/iwps/IndoorWPSAndroid.git
- IndoorWPSAndroidLocator: http://dev.ifs.hsr.ch/git/iwps/IndoorWPSAndroidLocator.git
- Indoor Guide 4 Android: http://dev.ifs.hsr.ch/svn/indoorguide4android
- Ghost Hunt: dev.ifs.hsr.ch:catch10ghosts
- World File Tool: http://dev.ifs.hsr.ch/svn/worldfiletool
- Michael Klenk, research assistant 2011
- Tobias Stähli, intern 2011
- Jianxin He alias 'Vic', internship project, spring/summer 2010
- Sachin Patney, internship project, spring semester 2009 (PointZero component of IndoorWPS Clients)
- Gino Paulaitis, intern autumn 2008 - spring 2009
- Alexander Schmidt, semester thesis, autumn semester 2008
- Philipp Gachnang, semester thesis, autumn semester 2008
- Philipp Denzler & Micha Aprile, diploma thesis, spring semester 2008